Last Updated on July 30, 2022 by Freddy G. C.
The foundations of a successful website is built upon the creation of helpful, informative, and well-researched content that caters to your target audience.
By publishing a constant stream of quality content, you will be able to generate highly targeted traffic from different online channels (SEO, social media, newsletters, etc.), thus increasing your conversion rate.
However, content creation can be a problem for website owners who are not writers to begin with.
They may be confident in coming up with a content strategy, but not as confident when it comes to putting their thoughts and ideas to writing.
Developing their writing and publishing skills will take time and delay the progress of their websites towards success.
Instead of learning to write, you can just automate the process of content creation.
This way, you leave the writing to the experts and focus on planning and developing plans for your website.
Below are tips and advice on how you can do this.
1 – Establish a style guide
Since you won’t be writing the posts on your website, it’s best to set up house rules that your writers must follow to create content that your audience will love.
Consider the following criteria to include in your editorial guidelines:
- Tone of voice – Do you want the articles to sound conversational as if they’re talking to a friend, or do you want the articles to sound formal, similar to people talking in a business meeting?
- Formatting – What words should the writers bold, italicized, or underline? How many sentences in a paragraph would you suggest?How many headings would you encourage to be placed in every post? Should the writers research for images to be included and how many?
- SEO – Will the writers research the keywords to be used in every article or will you provide these to them? Should they include the keyword in the title and meta data of the post?
Make sure that all of the points you include in the guideline are relevant in helping you reach your target audience more effectively.
2 – Create content calendar for the year
Developing an editorial calendar will help you determine the posts you will be publishing on your website over a period of time.
The calendar will include:
- the title of the post
- the keyword that the article will optimize for
- the outline of points that you want to see discussed in the post, and
- the date of publication.
For this, you may need to plan ahead and spread your posts throughout every quarter.
Hold on there!
Would You Like To Learn The Number One Secret To Build An Email List & Make Money?
Download the eBook - It's FREE! | Click Here |
This way, you can simply keep throwing the post assignments to your writers so you can focus on observing the performance of each post, which will help you develop the next editorial calendar for next quarter (more on this later).
3 – Hire someone to write for you
Once you have a content creation plan in place, you can start building a pool of writers who will help turn your plans into reality.
When searching for writers who will help you whip up your post ideas, consider the following:
- Sample work – How accomplished is the writer you’re planning to hire? Has the person been constantly publishing posts and content at his/her own blog or at different websites? Is his/her experience fit to the needs of your plan?
- Professionalism – Can this person deliver on time? If s/he can’t, will he/she inform you ahead of time? Does the writer keep complaining about the projects s/he’s receiving from you or does s/he respond at all via email or chat?
Using the points above as guidelines, check out the more popular writing job sites (Fiverr, Elance,Upwork) to scour the pool of writers to choose from.
If you have tried out these sites and are unimpressed with the writers there, you can try out different writing services as reviewed in the Omnipapers blog.
It describes the different essay writing services available, all of which also provide blog and website content aside from academic papers.
4 – Review their works using online tools
If the writers sent over the posts to you for review, use different online tools to check their writers for errors.
Below are some of the best ones yet:
- Hemingway – This tool lets you spot sentences that are difficult to understand and adverbs from the article.You can then follow the suggestions by having the writer rewrite the sentences and remove the adverb to make the post much easier to read.
- Grammarly – This handy app spots grammatical errors, misspelled words, misworded sentences and phrases, and others to help tighten the composition of the article.
- Unplag This has a handy Plagiarism Checker feature to determine whether the post was copied from another source.
If the article has been spotted with lots of errors, return it to the writer and have him/her revise it.
If the mistakes are minor and it generally passed through the screening with flying colors, then it’s time to publish the post.
5 – Analyze content performance and make suggestions
After the post has been published over a period of time, you can refer to the Google Analytics data and see how many visitors it received and which channels referred the most traffic to the post.
You can also check out the time spent on the page, as well as the bounce rate.
Using these metrics to measure your post’s performance lets you see the areas in your post that need improvement and which ones you should continue doing on your next editorial calendar.
Relay your findings to your writers so they will have a better understanding on what you want to achieve for their articles.
By establish a content creation process that relies on writers doing the dirty work for you, following the tips above, you will be able to have more time focusing on things you’re more passionate about such as researching and gathering data and using your findings to lay out your plan for a success5 Steps to Put Your Content Creation Process to Auto-Pilot by Christopher Jan Benitez
Learn The Number One Secret To Build An Email List & Make Money!
Download the eBook - It's FREE! | Click Here |