Last Updated on August 18, 2022 by Freddy G. C.
Are you struggling to get more visitors from search engines to your site?
Are you wondering why your site is not getting enough traffic even after posting quality content?
If you said yes to any of these questions: you’re either not doing keyword research at all or doing it all wrong.
Keyword research is the KEY to getting more traffic from search engines like Google.
You need to target LONG TAIL keywords if you want better results really quickly.
That’s how we increased our blog search traffic by 15% in just 30 days.
If you’re curious to increase your search traffic using long tail keywords, you need to get access to the proper keyword research tools.
Unfortunately, there are way too many tools out there for doing long tail keyword research but here’s the handpicked list of free tools for finding long tail keyword easily.
5 of the best free tools for finding long tail keywords quickly
Here are few of my favorite (they are free to use) tools for finding long tail keywords for SEO.
Hands down, Google’s Keyword Planner is the #1 favorite tool for 90% of bloggers.
If you are starting a new site, Google keyword planner can be a great tool to begin your keyword research with.
By using this tool, you will get suggestions directly from Google which is the search engine that you want to target.
- By far the best FREE keyword research tool. It’s a great tool, especially for beginners.
- Extremely easy to use.
- Provides a ton of keyword ideas.
- It provides the monthly search volume for any keyword
Hold on there!
Would You Like To Learn The Number One Secret To Build An Email List & Make Money?
Download the eBook - It's FREE! | Click Here |
- AdWords is omitting data to bias advertisers toward certain keywords.
- Used by almost everyone because of its popularity. Even if you find low competitive keywords, you still need to put extra efforts because of it.
- Not so accurate as other premium tools such as SEMrush, Ahrefs etc
Want to find long tail keywords with low competition?
KWFinder is the perfect tool for beginners to do long-tail keyword research.
What I like about this tool is that it gives instant results with a TON of long tail keyword ideas.
- It provides Google SERP results with important SEO metrics like Domain Authority (DA), Page Authority (PA), backlinks information.
- It gives a list of long tail keywords for any given keyword including search volume.
- It also shows what domains are targeting for what keyword.
- It shows long tail keywords that your competitors can’t find.
- You can only lookup 3 keywords per day (with their free tool).
It provides suggestions specific to the niche that a user mentions.
It uses a feature called “Google autocomplete”.
Just give a keyword of your niche and it will suggest relevant long tail keywords.
If you are using Google keyword planner for keyword research then it’s better to use keywordtool.io too.
Because this keyword tool captures lucrative long tail keywords where Google keyword planner is designed for advertisers.
You might already be aware of the Google suggestion tool, right?
When you scroll down to the bottom of Google’s search results, there you will find a section “Searches related to …”.
And you know, it is the gold mine to get long tail keywords.
For instance, when you type the keyword “Donald Trump”, at the end of search results, you’ll see something like this.
As you can see above, you’ll find a ton of useful long tail keyword suggestion for your entry keyword.
These keywords work great if you’re targeting long tail keywords.
Just type in a keyword of your niche, then scroll to the bottom of the page and take a look at “Searches related to …” for that keyword. You will get mixed variations of your main keyword.
Take any one result from “Searches related to …” for that keyword and search in Google again.
Repeat the process until you have a list of awesome keywords.
But here’s the thing, Google suggestion tool doesn’t give you too many keyword ideas.
Here’s where Keywordtool.io Google suggest tool comes into play as it’s a better alternative to the Google keyword suggestions and you can look up to 750 keyword ideas.
- It is extremely fast and easy to use.
- It’s free for the first 750+ keyword suggestions. You need to sign up for the pro version to unlock much information like search volume, competition.
- You can also find long tail keywords for Youtube, Amazon, Bing and the APP store.
- It is at an affordable cost and worth every penny.
- It provides extremely accurate results.
- To be honest, I never found any cons of using this tool (except that, you can get lot more data with their premium version).
7Search is another incredible tool that you can use for long tail keyword research.
Yes, it’s a less-known keyword research tool that most bloggers still NOT aware of.
But it can be really effective in finding low competitive long tail keywords to boost your search traffic.
Go to their advertising page, and enter a keyword of your choice to get keyword ideas.
This tool also displays the number of monthly searches for any keyword so you can get an idea about the keywords that generate the most traffic to your blog.
If you want to know pay per click traffic, this tool gives the idea of how much you will pay for each click related to the keyword you mention.
- If you want to find commercial intent keywords, this is a great tool as it gives the CPC of each keyword.
- Finding low competitive keywords is easy.
- This is exclusively designed for advertisers, so it’s mostly biased to favor ad related keywords (than informative keywords).
- You need to create an account to perform keyword research (if I’m using it only for finding keywords, I don’t really like creating an account, definitely a time sucker). But yea, I know the tool is designed for advertisers, so no one to blame here.
It is a great free long tail keyword research tool.
You can use this tool for generating ideas for your long tail keyword articles.
It helps you to brainstorm and find keywords that people are searching for.
The beauty of the ubersuggest tool lies in its simplicity.
You can choose the language that you would like to search for.
Overall, it offers 42 different languages to choose from.
Don’t just stick to alphabets while searching, give numbers too. For example, “7 foods” or “7 foods for” etc.
- It is a completely free tool and it does not limit its functions. You will have unlimited access to all of its features.
- It offers highly reliable data as it pulls the data from Google suggest.
- It is incredibly easy to use.
- It gives you tons and tons of keyword suggestions.
- It provides extremely relevant keyword suggestions.
- Not possible to do advanced keyword research like you can’t see the accurate monthly search volume for keywords. It doesn’t show an accurate level of competition for any keyword which means it doesn’t give any search metrics.
Final thoughts about free keyword research tools in 2018
Long tail keywords are golden when it comes to increasing your search engine traffic quickly.
Even if you have a new website without a good backlink profile, you can still get first page results by targeting long tail keywords.
What are your thoughts on the free long tail keyword research tools discussed above?
Did I miss any of your favorite tools?
Please, share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Top 5 Free Tools For Doing Long Tail Keyword Research In Almost Every Industry by Anil Agarwal
Learn The Number One Secret To Build An Email List & Make Money!
Download the eBook - It's FREE! | Click Here |